Wednesday, November 30, 2016

NOVEMBER - EPISODE XI: FALL 2016


WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE XI: FALL 2016
Hello People of the World;

Well, here we are. All defeated and shit about fucking nonsense. According to everyone, the end of the world is here. So, who wants to go to dinner with me?

Yet, people are bitching about the weather still. “It’s too warm for November!” That’s what climate energies disruption means, milder winters. Sorry. I guess, the melting of the ice caps is still taking you by surprise….

Let’s get this month’s edition started, shall we?


1:[ The Election: I agree with Dave Chappelle said about the election, “I did suspect it.”

What are you going to do now? Post your opposition on Facebook? Or are you going to get out in the streets and fight back? We are all too soft and lazy that we will not leave our comfy desk jobs to do battles with opposing epistemologies. In the end, that is how Trump will truly win. He will not inflict fascist despotism; no, he will count on our soft laziness in keeping our bubbled status quos wrapped morally about our political egos.


2:[ Doctor Strange Review: This is the equivalent of soft cheese. Marvel Films has a very winning formula. This movie sticks to it. What I think I dislike the most are all the smartass characters never change after going through such life-altering superhero origins, just so they can remain the lovable smartass in all the inevitable sequels and team-up movies….


3:[ Stranger Things: Finally became a real human! I finally watched the Netflix Series “Stranger Things”.

The thing I hate most about anything set in the 80's is how much the characters reference 80's things; worse, only the cool and underground things, for some reason. Actually, the reason is we now know how cool those underground things are. We didn't at the time. No one talked like that in the 80's. Now that you know this, you will now notice it in every 80's set movie or show from now on.

4:[ The best way to observe, (I refuse to celebrate) thanksgiving is catching the online MST3K Turkey Day Marathon. It was okay. I mean, in the past ones, they tried skits and revealing cool stuff, trying to recapture the spirit of the old show in some sense. This year, it was a bit disappointing in that it was a series of pre-taped segments with the new host of Season 11, Jonah Rey. They counted down the Top 6 MST3K Episodes of All Time via the Kickstarter Backers. All the usual suspects were there.

In case you were wondering, the Number One episode was “Manos: The Hands of Fate”, which is the movie that Paul Thomas Anderson’s “The Master” was the belated prequel too… true fact!


5:[ Don't pretend like this championship is some sort of "Come to Jesus" Community unification bullshit, this city has 1 Super Bowl Championship, 6 NBA Championships, 6 World Series and 6 Stanley Cups. Chicago is not starving for championships. Chicago has had plenty of chances to "untie the city".

Besides, there are better ways of creating community in Chicago, but the city refuses to fund teachers and south side schools, fails to invest in south side neighborhoods, expands gentrification at the cost of ethic and low-income families, and does nothing to partner with the citizens of the south side to tackle violent crimes. Sorry, nope, because: baseball.

This is World Series win is just another way of entitled people to be able to pat their own backs as if they played the games themselves when in actuality, when in actuality, they just got wasted watching better-skilled people play. I don't know why people are acting so excited, this is actually the Cubs’ third World Series title. I know, I know, but I can't help it if they sucked for 108 years….


That is it for this month.

Sorry for the shortness of this month’s episode. I have been very busy looking for work, working on my projects, and taking care of family obligations. But hopefully, next month will see a surge in writing form yours truly.

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”


2016 Ernest M Whiteman III

No comments: