Wednesday, February 28, 2018

FEBRUARY - EPISODE II: WINTER 2018


WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE II: WINTER 2018
Hello People of the World;

OH MY GOODNESS! It snowed! In winter! Yep, believe it or not, we are only about halfway through the winter season at the time I type this. People tend to forget that seasons last about three months of the year. But we also tend to forget that the earth spins and weather changes. Which is why, I suppose, we are constantly caught off guard by simple shit like that.

Here we are in the shortest month of the year. Only 28 days this time. I wonder how many of you are still writing “2017” on everything. I don’t know. I guess I have nothing more to add to this intro.

 All right, let’s get going:


1:[ Opening thoughts: Observations from a Movie Theater Worker:

If you really want to see how entitled people can be, clean movie theaters. What happened to cleanliness that adults espouse? Remember, these same people tell their own kids to keep their rooms clean.


2:[ So, have you seen the “Solo: A Star Wars Story” teaser trailer? Yeah, me neither. Still, it should have been LANDO: A Star Wars Story. Seriously, with that much talent playing him. Makes sense to tell a Star Wars story, especially one about Han Solo, from the perspective of one of the side characters. When I saw the trailer finally, I never would of thought of how tired I got of hearing those seven notes of the Star Wars theme. I thought I would never get tired of hearing them. But now that it’s just another movie product. Here we are. All of this just goes on to prove my point that none of these “Stand Alone” movies are stand alone because they all need the Orig Trig to prop them up…


3:[ I hate table budgers; those fuckheads that don’t get in line to buy something before putting all their shit down at an empty table. Dude…


4:[ Observations from a Movie Theater Worker 2:

-What has been amazing me is the reaction to the Black Panther opening. To be able to see a people just simply celebrate their own being via a superhero movie is moving, spectacular, and downright needed and cool. Seeing kids in T’challa costumes, seeing folk dressed to the nines in culture wear and Black Panther berets is awesome. Natives need a superhero to do this. It is a much welcomed sight for me to see this….


5:[ SJW or SWTLJ Commentary: So, here is a prime example of how White Fragility works – To “trigger” POC, you have to disparage their race, their religion, their income, their rights to have a voice, the threat to their lives that they live with, their sexuality, then piss on them for wanting to be treated like equals after centuries of abuse and for some, genocide being inflicted on them. To trigger a white dude, all you need to do is say how good a movie “The Last Jedi” was…


6:[ Observations from a Movie Theater worker pt3:

The most common question I have heard at any theater is “Why are the restrooms way back in the lobby and not closer to the further theaters?” That’s simple – so no one hides in them to sneak into other movies….


7:[ This Item Purposely Left Blank…


8:[ Bonnie and I started watching “The Frankenstein Chronicles” with perpetual fictional murder victim Sean Bean as a Old Tyme cop looking into the mystery of missing children. It involves the Literary Group including, Mary Shelley, Percy Bysshe Shelley, and William Blake (For some reason). This has been gangbuster reviews, but it bored me to tears. In the end, it became very Anti-Science/Science is Evil in tone, and the final twist of Series One was inane and stupid. This would have worked better as a limited series. Man, that was just dumb….


9:[ I am down for the “Ocean’s 8”…


That is it for this month.

Short month, short episode. Get it? As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”


2018 Ernest M Whiteman III

No comments: