Wednesday, October 31, 2018

OCTOBER - EPISODE X: FALL 2018


WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE X: FALL 2018
Hello People of the World;

Don’t worry everybody, I’m here.

 All right, let’s get going:


1:[ People who complain about the amount of “checkers” at the grocery store – Fill out an application, with all that concern for the people in line ahead of you, you should be willing to step and be a cashier and help out instead of complaining. I mean that would be a fantastic way to boost the economy, open up more check out lanes, and help out your fellow shopper to boot- what’s that? You just want more cashiers just so you can buy your beer faster? Carry on….


2:[ How people are incapable of lateral thinking or of doing something in a manner separate from the way they do something else where…


3:[ “My Neighbor Totoro” Review:

Saw this as par of the Studio Ghibli Fest that has been going on for the past year or so. I had never seen this as I keep hearing folks talk about how awesome it is.

It is a fun little story about two sisters meeting forest spirits they call 'totoros'. From Wikipedia: "Satsuke and her younger sister, Mei, as they settle into an old country house with their father and wait for their mother to recover from an illness in an area hospital. As the sisters explore their new home, they encounter and befriend playful spirits in their house and the nearby forest, most notably the massive cuddly creature known as Totoro."

It was fun and whimsical but I could not shake this 'creep' feeling though out the movie. Not 'creepy' but 'creep'. It was strange. I don't know. I saw the subtitled version and maybe it is a bit different than US releases?

So, I get it. I know why folks would go crazy over this - the dreams of childhood. We all want that time back.

I have seen stronger works by Miyazaki, I must say.

RECOMMENDED


4:[ Solved the Oil Crisis…


5:[ Compulsatory Military Service?


6:[ “Doctor Who – Series Eleven, Episode One” Review


7:[ Native Books – Free Sandwich


8:[ “I don’t like making my business public” people, talking loudly on the train = hypocrisy


That is it for this month.

My apologies for not posting last couple of months. I know you all await with baited breath to read my ramblings on the news of the day.

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”


2018 Ernest M Whiteman III

No comments: