Monday, September 30, 2019

SEPTEMBER - EPISODE IX: FALL 2019


WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE IX: FALL 2019
Hello People of the World;

The fall has officially started. The weather is warm still though it has rained and cooled significantly the last couple days. Weather! It’s wonky! Let’s complain about it!

The new school year has started and I am getting terrible busy once again and writing for Wisdoms is probably going to suffer once again. But, here we are will another short episode. Enjoy, won’t you?

 All right, let’s get going:

1:[ I am always tickled that we as a society celebrate Batman Day. Batman has been my favorite since I was a kid. I had other superheroes I liked but Batman was the most consistent in my life. So, I crack usual FB jokes about Batman tree and presents. However, I am always reminded that we are celebrating a corporate character.


2:[ I do enjoy my Converse shoes. Since Nike, sometime ago, bought Converse, they have been busy releasing millennial versions of the famous Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes. I once owned a pair of basketball shoes by the original Converse Company back in the late 90’s. I got them when I worked at the tribal bingo and there was a rule that every employee had to have comfortable shoes. (This was also a pregnancy rule as well.) The tribe had an account with the local sports shoe store, I forget what it was call then, and I picked out a pair of high top white and blue Converse All-Stars with an inner ankle support so I could wear them during open gym at the college. But alas, they were stole out of the locker I used the first day I wore them. They were good shoes and they don’t make those any more.

They don’t even make the Weapon Shoes anymore either. Those were cool. My brother Ken gave me his black Larry Bird Weapons for my high school basketball career. I still have them.

Now, they only sell variation of the old canvas All-Stars. Many because, since they are made overseas, it is easier for Nike to get away with labeling them “slippers” and they do not have to pay the tariffs on shipping them to the good ol’ US. I mean, America is founded on not paying taxes.

I recently bought a pair because I like All-Stars. Who doesn’t?  But you can tell these were made for the hipster set as they provided laces that were not long enough. I looked on the box and realized you are not supped to tie them. Better reason for calling them “slippers” I guess. But I’m Old School and I still tie the shoelaces regardless….


3:[ I love how we, as a nation, is taking the brave stand against a The Princess Bride Remake. I mean, the original is not going to disappear out of existence. You can just not watch the remake. People will, because – nostalgia! I mean, you could end your misery with a simple choice….


4:[ I went and saw “The Farewell” again for a fourth time! Still the Best Picture of 2019 for me. I have not seen a movie come close this year….


5:[ As much as I was a fan of the series, I don’t think I will be watching “Rambo V”. Seeing clips while checking screens at the theater, I have to admit, it is propaganda. My friend Sal commented you could tell who we are at war with by seeing who Rambo is fighting this time. It is propaganda because I remember during the Obama Administration, Stallone was pitching the exact same script, but it was the KKK he was fighting in Texas. Shit, now, we are too scared to aggravate the supremacists. Weird, huh? I mean, we are making movies that soften their image. When we should be punching them in the face….

Anyways, I will not be seeing “Rambo V”…


That is it for this month.

Halloween is coming. It is crazy how fast time seems to be passing. I am always interested in what happens next. We’ll see.

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”


2019 Ernest M Whiteman III

No comments: