Tuesday, December 31, 2019

DECEMBER - EPISODE XII: WINTER 2019

WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE XII: WINTER 2019

Hello People of the World;

It snowed the morning after a couple of days of raining. Weird. Too bad Climate Change doesn’t exist or we might have an explanation. Of course, it grows colder with a few days dotted here and there that are above freezing.

Here we are on the cusp of the new year and the end of the 2010’s. I am wondering what’s going to happen next. We’ll see, I suppose.

 All right, let’s get going:

1:[ My Bonnie and I were talking about how much we really cleaned up the apartment when Char came back for winter break. This led us to think about the moment when Your Children Becomes a Guest. For a long time they live under your roof as your offspring, then, without warning, they are off on their own and when they decide to come home, you want to make an impression. I hope we never push away the girls treating them like guests. But it is so strange to notice the change in behavior toward them. I suppose in a way, it is respecting the grown person they have become…

2:[ “Parasite”: Pretty good. I would recommend this. Bong Joon-ho’s social, comedy-thriller about a family that schemes to be hired by a wealthy family by pretending to be unrelated and the top of their fields. Check it out if you can.

“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”: What good is it to be mad about this movie? It was all right. Nothing too special. I’ll write more about it later. There were some things I like, three things I loved, and other things I was “Meh” about. More later….

3:[ I got the full series of “Cowboy Bebop” for Christmas on DVD from Char. Does my girl know me, or what? She knew I never saw it and thought I would like it. We watched about half of it so far and it is one of my favorite anime series now. I love everything from the art, the setting, the characters, and hell yes, the music. Kudos to Char for such a great gift…

4:[ What good is it to be mad when come in to exchange something?  What does anger do but make you look like a privileged ass? Just be nice when you make a complaint. I have to give kudos to those workers and the patience they exhibit when faced with a jackass like this….

5:[ I was making a short video about my being the same age as my dad when I was born, but due to a lack of photos of my father, the project has stalled. I had wanted to complete it and post it before my last birthday but that did not happen. So, I will just complete as quick as I can and post it post-haste. It may be a bit bleak in my reflections as I am now at the age where the path behind me is longer than the one in front of me, especially for a Native American. Stay tuned….

6:[ My cousin Ernie passed away. He was a famous artist who lived in Minneapolis. We have the same name and many folks would mix us up. I used to joke I was the “young and prettier” one. He was a traveler, never staying in one place too long. He was always off somewhere it seemed. I remember his coming to visit from time to time as a kid on the rez. I would always show off my drawings to him….


That is it for this month.

Not much to say here at the end of the decade. Life goes on, you know?

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”


2019 Ernest M Whiteman III

-->

No comments: