Monday, October 31, 2022

OCTOBER - EPISODE X: FALL 2022

 WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE X: FALL 2022

Hello People of the World;

 

I am determined to get this one out on time, Halloween Day!

 

As always: Stay safe. Stay home.

 

 All right, let’s get going:

 

1:[ This virus showed us how equal we all really are: Our willing ignorance of Climate Change – it’s raining today Oct. 25. We had 80°-plus weather the past couple of days. If our weather was “normal” than it wouldn’t have been that warm and it would have been snowing heavily today. But instead, we got a cool, cloudy drizzle. Man, we really fucked up this plaent and yet we are willingly ignoring all of the fact and evidence THAT WE CAN SEE, just so we can pretend we are the heroes of our own social media posts….

 

2:[ Char has been watching a lot of horror movies this month. I am watching with her and found that many of them aren’t bad. Here are my quick thoughts on some of them:

 

> Child’s Play 2019 is pretty good and fun. It was a neat twist on the series. Too bad they have to bring back the stupid voodoo-Brad Dourif nonsense because “nostalgia.”

 

> Child’s Play 1988, it was pretty dated. Scary to a point until they made it a series, then they Urkeled Chucky.

 

> Candyman 2019 was very good. Nice play on gentrification. It made me want to see the original.

 

> Pet Semetary was not good. Why did Herman Munster even tell them about it to begin with. Nothing would have happened if he just didn’t mention it. The acting was 80’s cheese with all of the “noooo!’s”

 

> Ringu was creepy but not horrifying. I’ve not seen the US remake. But this was a standard Japanese horror film.

 

3:[ I just finished watching the Series 13 finale of Doctor Who. It is Jodi Whitaker’s last time as The Doctor. I thought her whole run was inspired. Great writing, characters, scenarios, new creatures, and fantastic stand-alone episodes. I don’t know why people were complaining or suddenly caring about writing, and plot, and cinematography, because they didn’t care about that, that much until Whitaker took the role. I wonder why. Anyways, the fans got what they wanted and she’s gone and Tennant is back for a while. That was the only, most disappointing aspect of the series. His return….

 

4:[ So, I have been hosting an online movie club for my family back on the rez. It’s been fun, something that started with the pandemic. A lot of online movie clubs started then. Now, there is a restriction on copyrighted material, I guess. I cannot share movies now for some reason. We went on a long time and it keeps me in touch with the fam back home. I’ll stay in touch. But I need to figure out how to share movies again.

 

5:[ The thought about Native Organizations working to get Columbus Day abolished, still using the word “Indian” in describing Native Americans is downright stupid and hypocritical considering it is a word Columbus coined….

 

7:[ We got a Switch and I am learning to game again. My little girl wanted to play Lego Star Wars with me. That is reason enough to buy one…

 

8:[ We cannot go back to “Normal” at all after this: Our focus on the mundane that keeps us distracted from the real problem facing us.

 

9:[ I am trying to write a few things – another novel, many scripts, a TV treatment about a Chicago Urban Native Romance. Plus, I am planning to shoot a sci-fi short film in March….

 

10:[ I finally figured out a title for my planned online late night talk show:

 

I’m So Humble: Another Native Online Late Night Talk Show with Ernest M Whiteman III.

 

I hope to get it going by Janurary.

 

That is it for this month.

 

Got get this posted. No other comments here. Whew! Just in time!

 

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

 

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”

 

 

2022 Ernest M Whiteman III

 

No comments: