Wednesday, May 31, 2023

APRIL - EPISODE IV: SPRING 2023

 WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE IV: SPRING 2023

Hello People of the World;

 

Here I am, late again. I am writing this intro in May. Nearly at the midpoint. I have been terrible at keeping track of this weblog. I hope the temporary re-formatting helps with that. That begins with the May edition. See the fourth item below.

 

As always: Stay safe. Stay home.

 

 All right, let’s get going:

 

1:[ This virus really showed how equal we all really are: that we are comfortable enough to believe the pandemic is over and we deserve to have ‘the lesser” serve us again….

 

2:[ EW3 MOVIE REVIEWS: Watched some more Kore-eda films lately.

 

-After the Storm: About a lazy novelist trying to reconnect with his ex-wife and son. Very sweet film. They protagonist borders on likability and while things don’t necessarily work out for him, you are kind of happy it does not.

 

-Like Father, Like Son: Two boys are mixed up at birth and each is raised by differing parents in social class. Nature versus nurture. Another complex moral tale about what constitutes a family, which Kore-eda excels at.

 

-The Third Murder: A court drama about an attorney defending a killer. This is a bit heady and the solution is complex psychologically, as every character imprints their motives and morals on the reason for the killing, when it just isn’t so. A good one.

 

Also, saw “Renfield” in the theater:

 

Absolute gold casting Cage as a narcissistic boss type Dracula. Here, Renfield (Nicholas Hoult) is the famed titular vampire familiar in contemporary times and works to get out under the influence of Dracula. Funny stuff.

 

RECOMMEDED.

 

3:[ Bonnie wrote and self-published a book! Very proud of her. So, look for “Heroine of Hellhome” online and in certain Barnes and Nobles in the area….

 

4:[ I thinks it’s time for a change. At least, a temporary change here on “Wisdom of the Sages.”

 

Focusing on one item, a short 100–150-word essay. Next month I’ll start with an essay I was supposed to write for a job application but was unable to upload it in the application site because I submitted the application before I could do so.

 

5:[ We cannot go back to “Normal” all after this: thinking that fresh water is an infinite resource. I’ll keep repeating this one.

 

 

That is it for this month.

 

 

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

 

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”

 

 

2023 Ernest M Whiteman III

 

No comments: