Tuesday, May 12, 2020

APRIL - EPISODE FOUR: SPRING 2020


WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE IV: SPRING 2020
Hello People of the World;

Here we are into spring and we still cannot go outdoors as much. That’s fine with me. I am sheltering at home. Being an introvert, I tick all the memes. The weather’s been off and on: Rainy and cold, rainy and warm, sunny and cold, and a couple of sunny temperate days. But like I say, who can change the weather?

As always: Stay safe. Stay home.

 All right, let’s get going:

1:[ I think I will start a movie club, since that appears to be the thing to distract us from all of this. My first movie pick would be the original “Gojira”. I think it is vastly overlooked.

2:[ I decided to get an Instagram account to keep up with my nieces and nephews. That is the current platform they are using. See how I’m down with the kids? I don’t know what I’ll be posting as yet. Probably art.

3:[ Grocery store runs have become more anxious for me of late. I am not a crowd person. Those who know me and saw me at presentations, know that I am out pacing around beforehand working my nerves up to speak publically. I get a real upset stomach before EVERY presentation. But with this quarantine, the stores seem filled with a tension. It makes me want to rush out of there as soon as I can. I hate crowds, I get anxious in them. This is not making it any better.

4:[ On the upside, I have been making headway on a novel I started back in 2004. Back then no one was making stories like the one I began. Now, they are all over the place. Still, it will be good to get it done at some point soon.

5:[ Late shows should start to interview just regular people as I am getting pretty tired of the nightly celebrity video chats that they can do on their own time. I mean, I am up for chatting with Seth Meyer or Conan, or any of the Jimmy’s. They can start with Indigenous artists. It is an unprecedented time. Late night talk shows, call me!


6:[ I had hope that all of this trouble would result in better YouTube content. Alas, it has not. Because, I am kind of getting tired of the Green Brother’s shtick…


That is it for this month.

As you probably noticed, I am posting this very late because i simply lost track of time in all this nonsense. I hope all is well with everyone and that you are staying in as best you can and staying safe.

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”


2020 Ernest M Whiteman III

No comments: