Sunday, September 1, 2024

JUNE - EPISODE VI: SUMMER 2024

 

WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE VI: SUMMER 2024

Hello People of the World;

 

Hey, I am writing this on July fourth and it looks like we decided to have kings in this country now. Man, how do people want this? Don’t they know that those sycophants that put this in place are the first to be gotten rid of? Read some history folks.

 

Now I am writing this part in mid-August. Time flies but I hope I remember the thoughts I had in June to populate this month’ edition. I guess I'll keep this episode short. Apologies.

 

As always: Stay safe. Stay home.

 

 All right, let’s get going:

 

1:[ This virus really showed how equal we all really are: How stupid are we to keep thinking that everything is back to normal.

 

 

2:[ MOVIE REVIEWS:

 

I did not see any movies at the theater for the month of June.

 

3:[ This Month’s Essay:

 

I am very tired of this “My Generations is so much better than this current one” schtick we have going on right now. We only pull that card when we see ourselves sliding into irrelevance.

 

 

 

4:[ Observation: Wow, Gil Birmingham is basically the Sean Bean of Native film. Just saw him the “The Marsh Kings Daughter”. His character dies in almost everything.

 

 

5:[ I am working on producing a film essay video, entitled, “Mother’s Watch: How Our Gaze Continues to Reduce Hara Setsuko to “The Eternal Virgin” and The Sad Truth About Noriko’s fate in Ozu’s “Tokyo Story” is probably turning into one of the more favorite things I've written and hope to turn it into an essay video soon.

 

I would need some help with translations, I have a Japanese book I would like the English translation, as there is no translated edition available, but do not know where to start. I have been relying on the peripheral material of this book for information and want to give things the correct context. This is why it is taking so long to get made. (The irony being, this is probably a subject that only interests me.)

 

 

6:[ We cannot go back to “Normal” all after this: thinking that fresh water is a infinite resource.

 

 

That is it for this month.

 

 

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

 

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”

 

 

2024 Ernest M Whiteman III

 

No comments: