Saturday, February 29, 2020

FEBRUARY - EPISODE TWO: WINTER 2020


WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE II: WINTER 2020
Hello People of the World;

Here we are in month deux of twenty-twenty. The weather is as predicable as ever and yet we still have the temerity to complain that it gets cold during the winter. Lots going on in the world. Don’t know where to start. With fragmented sentences, apparently.

 All right, let’s get going:

1:[ I noticed that during the pre-show at the theater I work at that there is this ad, insulting people who cannot figure how to do taxes, when they are purposely confusing thank to Tax Services Lobbying. I think that is pretty despicable. I forgot what the ad is for but I do remember the insult to humanity for not being able to understand a purposely obtuse tax code. (Adam Ruins Everything)


2:[ I keep thinking that I will remember an item to add to WOS. In my wandering I come up with something that I think I have not covered here before and vow to write it down, but as soon as I get pen and paper, the thought has left. Take this month’s edition – the next four items I had to re-conjured through sheer force of will. So, enjoy them, dammit!


3:[ Watched Orson Welles’ “The Stranger” the other night. It is a Welles classic that he mainly did to prove he could do commercial filmmaking on time and on budget. Thinking back on viewing it, two things spring to mind:

1) They really hinged their whole plan on the hopes that the Wife wouldn’t have the mental breakdown they kind of forced on her…and;

2) When did we stop treating Nazi’s like this?


4:[ We have been screening “Sonic the Hedgehog” in our VIP theaters. The VIP section is the top tier of seating meant for anyone who can visit the bar upstairs, order food and drink and have better seating than other auditoriums. So, the last week or so, I have been witness to seeing grown men, in the 21+ years section, watching a kids’ movie! All because they re-did the Sonic design for the movie, because they “listened to the fans!”


5:[ Why are we mad at “Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey”?

Is it really because it stars a cast of women? I mean, it can’t be because the story and script and design and production and editing and cinematography and writing and acting and director are shit, because that is the DC movies all together. It can’t be because it stars women, can it?


6:[ I remember watching “Scooby-Doo” as a child. It was one of the very first cartoons that taught me to be skeptical of the supernatural. That there was always a human influence behind the scares. Must like reality. But then, they turned them into ghost hunters, and this allows stupidity to flourish. Man, imagine that, a cartoon that looked for the bad guys rather than something supernatural that made excuses for man’s evil behavior. All that, from Scooby-frickin-Doo.


That is it for this month.

This second month of the new decade is not any different from the last decade. Oh well. I am serious curious as to how it will all turn out. I am still seeing shades of the Three Kingdoms around lately. Hoo-boy!

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”


2020 Ernest M Whiteman III

No comments: