Sunday, May 15, 2022

APRIL - EPISODE IV: SPRING 2022

 WISDOM OF THE SAGES
EPISODE IV: SPRING 2022

Hello People of the World;

 

Once again, I come at this late. It not for some dramatic reason either. I find myself, of late, with too much time on my hands that it strains on my creativity. I haven’t shot or edited videos in a while, and I have not written anything substantiative of late either.

 

Anyways, the weather is sunny and cool and I hope is stays that way.

 

As always: Stay safe. Stay home.

 

 All right, let’s get going:

 

1:[ This virus really showed how equal we all really are: How easily-led we are by the propaganda we prefer…

 

2:[ “Everything Everywhere All at Once” is the best movie of 2022. I know I said that about "Rustic Oracle", directed by Sonia Boileau, and I stand by that statement as well. There can be a tie for the Best Picture. "Rustic Oracle" will never be nominated since it's Native-directed film. Simple.

 

"Everything Everywhere All at Once" is such a great movie as well. It tells the story of Evelyn Wong (Michelle Yeoh) and her husband Waymond Wang (Ke Huy Quan), as parents running a laundromat, and Evelyn getting pulled into an dimension-hopping adventure trying to save the multi-verse. It is fantastic because it is so much more than that. I do not want to spoil it for anyone.

 

Except to say, this plays with the concept of the multiverse much better than the Marvel movie are doing. Plus, that Wong Kar-Wai reference was so much extra. I laughed out loud.

 

Stop looking at this and go see it instead. Then, rent "Rustic Oracle" and have a fantastic double-feature.

 

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION – THE BEST MOVIE OF 2022

 

3:[ I despise the hypocrisy of "making money" versus the “Concept of Labor”. We all chatter about “working hard”, but we never consider how hard labor is. It seems the system is rigged so a privileged few are making money by doing the least amount of "work". A lot of it through scamming people out of their labor. We want the Poor to labor and we let the rich pretend to “work”. And we all, all of us, uphold that scam….

 

4:[ I saw “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent” as well. Here, playing himself in desperate straits, Nicolas Cage gives yet another off-beat performance as Nicolas Cage. Here, things take a turn when the CIA recruits him to spy on a suspected drug lord, played gleefully and childlike by Pedro Pascal, who is the real star of the movie in my estimation. At once weird, self-aware, and entirely funny as hell. I cracked up so many times in this one.

 

HIGH RECOMMENDATION - one of the BEST OF 2022

 

5:[ The other day, I was thinking on the movie “Arrival” and the concept of “A shot across the bow”, and how stupid that platitude it in the idiocy of “show of strength” because it reduces a complex, nuanced situation into a binary situation: fight or flight. Too many people prosper financially from that situation….

 

6:[ We cannot go back to “Normal” all after this: It seems as if we really trying hard to. Making war in another country our hot topic of the day, rather than focusing on the environment that is literally trying to kill us off, or the virus that has been killing us off….

 

7:[ I watch a lot of movie reaction video. Mainly out of boredom and sometimes to see how the newer generation reacts to old movies. But now, they are reacting to a lot of garbage movies. Sometimes, I cannot believe that people haven’t seen nor heard of some of the biggest movies in the world. So. After seeing all of the comments in the movie reactions made me think of the comments on one particular movie.

 

Here is another perspective on “No Country for Old Men”: It isn’t about going back to a “simpler”, more “just” and nobler” time because it’s gotten too violent. That’s bullshit.

 

It’s about becoming irrelevant – which is why Ed Bells’ dream is about his father and he traveling like “in the old times”, that his father will be there when gets there. He has become irrelevant, like his father has. Which is why he talks about his age at the beginning of the movie. That is why his uncle Ellis told him the story of his grandpa getting shot on his porch. It was the entire point of the movie.

 

That violence is random. Even with a person like Anton Chigurh, whom seems to have his “own code” about killing, yet is in a violent car collision at the end. Ed Bell, wasn’t overmatched, he is becoming irrelevant. It’s on his mind all the time, such as when he tells Carla Jean about how cattle are killed now. It’s about violence, sure, but it’s also about how

 

What is a worse injustice that the Coen Brothers perpetuate, is the erasure of Indigenous peoples from the land. The violence that was brought to bear for the extermination of Native peoples was more brutal than what the Natives were visiting upon each other before colonization. US History is just the shifting the blame of historical violence to the Native Americans. And it stuck, as shown in Uncle Ellis’ story, that “this country’s always been hard”, after pointing out the men who shot Ed Bell’s grandfather were Natives. Typical. Anyways, I spent way too much time writing this item out. Now, it’s the middle of May.

 

That is it for this month.

 

I think this is the longest I have gone without posting. I hope I can remember to post on time next week. I mean, I have the time lately.

 

As always, I invite you to comment, correct, or contradict anything I write here. I am open to a critical debate. Thanks for taking the time to check out what I write here and I will see you in a month.

 

Until next time, remember “I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control everything really are.”

 

 

2022 Ernest M Whiteman III

 

No comments: